Your face is the window to your soul, or at least some poets would have you think so. So why not keep it looking as beautiful as possible? Even if you wash your face every day, you may still be shorting your skin. Learn how to clean your skin the right way and finally enjoy the clear skin you deserve.
What You’re Doing Wrong
Though washing your face may seem like a fairly simple process, it’s easy to get it wrong. Check and see if you’re making these mistakes in your beauty routine.
- Starting with a wet face: It seems hard to apply cleanser to a dry face, so almost everyone wets their face first. This washes most of the cleanser off before it even has a chance to clean your skin.
- Using a wrong cleanser: No, you shouldn’t pick a face wash just because your friend uses it or it was on sale. Going to an expert and finding the right wash for your skin type can make a world of difference.
- Only washing at night: A morning wash is the perfect way to start your day, so don’t skip out on it!
- Leaving makeup on: Washing isn’t enough to take off most makeup. You must also use a dedicated makeup remover.
Wash Your Skin Properly
Now that you know what you’re doing wrong, how can you fix it? You can change your face washing routine today by following these simple steps. You should notice an immediate difference in how your face looks and feels.
- Remove makeup first: Use a dedicated makeup remover to remove all makeup from your face. Some high-quality face washes are two-in-one, so this may be another option to consider.
- Put cleanser on dry skin: Put a small amount of cleanser in your hands and rub it into your dry skin.
- Scrub thoroughly and rinse with lukewarm water: Get your hands wet and scrub your face. This should turn the wash into a lather. Once you’ve washed your face for 30 to 60 seconds, splash your face with cool or lukewarm water—never hot.
- Pat dry: Don’t rub your face with a towel. This can cause wrinkles and other premature signs of aging. Instead, use a very soft towel and gently pat your face until it’s mostly dry. You can let it air dry the rest of the way.
- Apply moisturizer: This final step may be one of the most important. Moisturizer seals in your skin’s natural moisture and acts as a barrier against toxins, free radicals, and other skin dangers. Apply a thin layer of moisturizer to your face and massage it in gently. Always massage in an upward motion to avoid pulling your skin downward.
Your beauty and self-confidence can change right away with the right skin care routine. Ditch your old skin washing routine and try this one out. You’ll love how your skin looks and feels every day.