If you are looking for a delicious and healthy recipe look no further. Everyone likes donuts, well almost everyone, enough so that this recipe will hopefully peak your interest. The bad thing about donuts is that they are very fattening, and relatively bad for your health. But there is a recipe out there that can give you the same satisfaction as having a fresh donut.
Are you a fan of blueberry muffins? I know I am, and to be honest I wish there were more baked goods like muffins. This recipe is easy to make and frankly it tastes delicious. I would recommend you cook them with your children or friends because they are quick and fun to make.
Lets go over what you are going to need to ensure that you produce the greatest blueberry donuts you could have ever imagined.
Your delicious ingredients
– ¾ of a teaspoon of baking soda
– 1 cup of organic and unbleached pastry flour
– 1.2 cup of organic coconut sugar
– ¾ of a teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 cup of organic blueberries
– 1 organic cage-free egg, or a ¼ cup of applesauce
– ½ cup of organic coconut milk yogurt
All of these ingredients can be found at your local health food store. Make sure you buy organic ingredients; this will ensure that you create the healthiest blueberry donuts possible. Make sure you keep the wet ingredients separate form the dry ingredients until the recipe encourages you to mix them appropriately.
Your quick and easy directions
1. Add all of your dry ingredients into a bowl, then whisk them together and place the bowl off to the side.
2. In a separate bowl add all of your wet ingredients together and whisk them until you are satisfied.
3. Once you have whisked your wet and dry ingredients you can mix them together. Then add your organic blueberries and mix them very well into the wet and dry ingredients. Continuously fold them until they are evenly dispersed throughout your bowl of ingredients.
Add your mixture to a donut pan; however, if you don’t have a donut pan you can use a melon baller.
4. Then place your blueberry donuts in an oven that has been preheated to 375 Ferinheight. Leave them in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Once you have taken your blueberry donuts out of the oven allow them to cool off for a moment. Once they have cooled off place them on a wire rack and sprinkle vanilla icing on them for additional taste. This is an optional step that you don’t need to follow, I would do this if you would like to add more flavor.
Now that you have your very own blueberry donut recipe you can make them whenever you please, and rather easily if I may add. Enjoy this recipe and share it with your friends and family. They are a great dessert to share with people, and they are also a healthy alternative to traditional donuts.
Watch the blueberry donut tutorial here.